The famous question:
“How do I not ruin it all on holidays?”
Holiday’s are essential for you to keep a healthy body and mind; they help you relax, and in turn lower your cortisol levels (cortisol is a hormone that can majorly hold onto fat), they help you think clearer (you always come back with fresh eyes), they help you switch off (letting go of the stresses of work and the ebbs and flows of life) and of course, holidays are all about having fun – and well, isn’t that what life is all about!
I can only speak for myself, but I feel RUBBISH if I change my entire diet and just stop training, do you get like that?
My tips for staying healthy on holidays
1. Eat in Moderation: Eating in moderation is key to staying healthy on holiday. Try to stick to your regular portion sizes and choose healthy options.
2. Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and energised.
3. Workout: Make time to exercise while on holiday. Take a walk, go for a swim or jump onto Mum-Time, where we have heaps of short home workouts that you need zero equipment for.
4. Limit Alcohol: Limit your alcohol intake to help maintain your health.
5. Chill: Make sure to get plenty of rest while on holiday.
6. Practice Safe Sun: Wear sunscreen and reapply it every two hours to protect your skin from sun damage.
7. Bring Snacks: Bring healthy snacks with you so that you can avoid unhealthy options when you’re hungry.
8. Pack Your Vitamins: Pack your daily vitamins to ensure you are getting all the nutrients your body needs.
Have a happy healthy holiday!